(Developed in cooperation with Greywater Action)
This Online Course teaches the basics about how to safely and effectively reuse onsite greywater. 12 CEUs are available upon completion of this course.
Certificate of Completion for 12 contact hours through the California On-site Water Association (COWA). COWA is an Accrediting Agency for the California Department of Public Health.
Follow This Link to register.
- How to use greywater. We'll look at types of popular and successful greywater systems and discuss how they work.
- Water savings. We'll look at potential water savings from greywater systems.
- System costs. We'll cover basic costs for various types of greywater systems.
- Health and safety considerations. We'll discuss how to design and maintain systems to protect plant health, soil health, watershed health, and human health.
- Learning from failed systems. We’ll analyze why some systems fail to help us promote long-lasting, robust systems.
- Permits and regulations. We’ll delve into Chapter 15 of the California Plumbing Code on greywater regulations and permit requirements.
- On-going maintenance. We’ll discuss the maintenance requirements for various types of systems and how system owners can successfully upkeep their greywater systems.
- Case study on commercial greywater systems. We’ll look at the range of greywater systems used at two resort lodges in Yosemite, California.
- Reach codes and ordinances. We’ll look at cities around the state with local requirements to required either greywater systems or greywater-ready plumbing in new construction.
- Integrated design and further resources. We’ll discuss how greywater can be part of integrated design of sites to enhance habitat, preserve water resources, and improve soil.